Please take time to read this page fully and carefully as it details the way we will process (such as collecting, using, sharing and transferring) and store your information. Please ensure that if you give us information about you or someone else then you have their permission to do so.
We will at all times treat personally identifiable information in strict accordance with the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) which is in effect from the 25th May 2018.
We will ensure data is processed lawfully, fairly and in an open and transparent manner and ensure appropriate security measures are in place against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental damage or loss using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
If you have any questions or need further information you can get in contact with us via our Contact Us Page.
Who are we
Factorycases.co.uk is a Trading name of Patrol Base Ltd., a limited company registered in England and Wales under the company number: 6906085. Patrol Base Ltd.'s registered office is at: Patrol Base Limited, Unit 5 Dale Street Mills, Dale Street, Huddersfield, HD3 4TG. We are registered on the Information Commissioner's Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number: ZA120367.
How we collect information
- Register to use our website, such as your contact address and any other information
- Place an order for products or services, such as your Order Data, Contact Details and Payment Information
- Complete online forms, take part in services, post on any blogs, enter any competitions or participate in any data entry made through our website
- Provide contact details when registering to access any product or service we provide
- Contact us offline, for example: by Telephone, E-Mail or Post.
- Visit or Browse our website, which usually includes non-identifiable information like the path you took through or website, how many pages you visit, or how long you were on pages.
- By opting into email marketing you allow us to track when that email opens
You can visit our website without giving away your personal identifiable information. We use Google Analytics and cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and how the website is used. Aside from Location Approximation, information collected for Analysis is mostly anonymous traffic data such as: Browser Information, Device Information and Language.
Most information on our site is accessible without any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services, such as ordering require you to provide us with Personal Details. In these situations, if you chose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it will not be possible for you to complete your order.
How we may use the information
We may use your information to facilitate the use of Website, both in our Warehouse and Online, to complete Orders and to allow you to use our Services.
We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to enquiries or fulfil requests, such as for Help from our Customer Services Team for orders or updates
- To send administrative information to you, for example: update to the Site, changes to Terms and Conditions, and Policies, or order details. Because the information my be important to the use of the site you may not opt-out of receiving these communications
- To Provide you with updates and announcements regarding our Services, such as News Letters or Advertisements
- To personalise your experience on the site by presenting products or offers tailored to you
- To process rewards, offers, or prizes as required
- For business purposes: such as data analysis, or how we run our services
Individuals have a number of rights relating to the information we hold as set by the GDPR 2018, these rights include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to rectify information, if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Stop processing of an individuals personal data. However we may retain specific information required for historical information of sales.
- Object to certain uses of an individuals personal information.
- Withdraw any permission you or an individual may have previously provided.
- Complain to the Information Commissioners office at any time if you or a individual is not satisfied with our use of such information
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
International Transfer of Data
Your information may be stored on, transferred, or maintained on computers outside of your State, Province, Country or other Governmental Jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ. Typically Sensitive or Personal data is only stored on servers based in the UK, however our 3rd Party Providers may chose to locate their servers around the world.
If you follow a link from our website, from any Blog Post, Product, or site Service this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling processes of other third party sites or services, and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites and services.
Here at Factorycases.co.uk we take security very seriously, and we extend every possible avenue to protect your information. Our website is hosted via Voracio Commerce, which are protected by the latest security software and encryption techniques.
Information send via your web browser is protected via SSL Encryption, with a security key provided by Sectigo Security. Our 3rd Party providers may use other providers, please check with them before using their services or site.
You can check at any time if your connection is secured if you see a Green Key at the left of the website URL.
Passwords are also stored encrypted, salted and hashed for extra levels of security. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or services please keep it safe - we will not share this password with anyone.
Freedom of Information
You can contact us at any time to request and identifiable information we have on you. This information will typically relate to any Defence information, or order information.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to personally identifiable information we have about you
- Correct any personally identifiable information that we have about you
- Delete any personally identifiable information that we have about you
Please note, when requesting information we will only be able to provide personally identifiable information stored on our systems, such as: Contact Data, Order data, and similar information. We will not be able to provide information which is not personally identifiable to you as it is impossible to link you to the data set.
At Factorycases.co.uk we reserve the right to retain both Impersonal and Personal Data relating to Orders or Services used through our website.
This may include, but is not limited to depending on your usage of our site:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Contact Details
- Your Payment Info
- Your Site Usage Statistics
- Proof of Address
- Your 'IP Address', your unique web identifier.
This information is kept on record both in-house and with our 3rd Party Service Suppliers for a reasonable amount of time.
We ask that you do not send us, and you not disclose, any Sensitive Personal Information (Eg, Information related to Racial, Sexual, Ethnic Origin, Political Opinions or Religions Beliefs) on our website, or through our partnered services. This is not only to protect yourself, but others too.
Though the use of our Website we will collect various types of information, both Personal and Impersonal. When this is discussed it will typically mean the following:
- Impersonal Data This will typically refer to Website Usage Data, such as number of Page Views, or Page Activity, and other data not directly attributable to an individual user.
- Personally Trackable Data This will typically refer to Data collected through an order, Account Activity, or Chat through our community help system.
- Shared Information Some information we may share with a 3rd party for use with Marketing or other Communications. This type of information will not contain private or personal information, but may be data like your Email Address, or Phone Number stored with our Phone Service.
This section will cover who has access to your data, including ourselves, and what it is used for. All information shared with 3rd parties will be treated with respect, and we will only deal with Trustworthy 3rd parties which typically we have met in person.
We track impersonal data through our website, this typically relates to data which is not attributed or tracked to a specific Account, ID Number or any other means to link this to an individual or user. We currently use various Analytical Tools to generally track users inputs and actions through our website, such as Google Analytics which tracks things like the amount of visits to a certain page, what links are being clicked and how long the average user spends on our website, or what are popular search terms through our Search Box. This data is collected by Third Parties and secured on their server which is then accessed by us. This data is typically on accessible to our Web Analysts, and is not made available to regular staff members. By using our website you agree Impersonal Data will be Shared with the following companies:
Personally Trackable Data
Through the use of our website we will also store Personal Data, which can be attributed to a specific Person. This data is typically stored as part of an Order and will only be used in-house by our Staff as part of the Order Process, and is retained to facilitate this.
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- User name
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address
- Last four Credit and Debit Card digits
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Country of residence
We use various 3rd Party tools to fulfil your orders, where data is shared with them it will typically be relating to orders or other information. Typically Order Information is held by a 3rd Party company in the cloud, and is then accessed by our staff as required.
By using our website you agree Order Data will be shared with the following companies:
Through the use of our website and services we may at times need to share your information with 3rd Party Company. This kind of information is typically non-personal and non-identifiable. This kind of information may be your Email Address for the purpose of Newsletters, Offers and other Communications, or your Phone Number which is stored in our Internal Phone System which is provided by a 3rd Party.
By using our website or services you agree information may be shared with the following companies:
Courier and Shipping Information
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Contact Phone Number
- Your Contact Email Address
This information will be shared with our chosen courier service, and may be displayed on the produced label on the outside of the parcel, and is required as part of the process.
Inside the parcel we may also include an invoice, which will also detail your order and order value, but will never display and information relating to Payment Method or Payment Information.
Depending on your location and local laws we may need to include other identifiable information, or provide copies of your invoice which are accessible from the outside of the parcel. This is usually the case with EU and Export Orders, so please be aware it may be easy to access the invoice. Please always check with local laws before ordering.
Below are the privacy policies for our main Courier Services:
- UKMail - ukmail.com/privacy-and-cookies" class="redactor-linkify-object">https://www.ukmail.com/privacy...
- DPD - dpd.com/privacy_policy.jsp
- Royal Mail - royalmail.com/provacy-policy/
- UPS - ups.com/ro/em/help-center/legal-terms-conditions-privacy-notice.page
The current courier service is subject to change, depending on availability.
When placing an order with us we will need to submit a minimum amount of information depending on the type of transaction you wish to make with us. We will not store your full payment information on our system, or retain full payment details such as your Fully Card Number, and Card Security Code.
By placing an order through our website you agree that Order Data will be shared with our 3rd party payment providers, which includes but is not limited to:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Payment Details
- Your Card Information
- Your Bank Account Information
When making a payment through the system we will only send the required amount of information, such as the value of the order and payment method, but we not send the items listed on the order.
By placing an order with us you agree information may be shared with the following companies:
- PayPal (Europe) Ltd - paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- SagePay - sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy
When making an order through our website Basic Payment information (Such as Payment Method, and last four Card Digits) will be stored on our Web Servers, and Internal Systems for order tracking purposes, such as how you paid, through which service, and the last four digits of your card if applicable.
By using our website you agree basic Payment Data may be shared with the following companies:
If you elect to modify an order, or make a payment over the phone we will need to take additional information from you to enable us to take payment. We will not store your full payment information on our system, or retain full payment details such as your full Card Number, and Card Security Code.
We will require:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Payment Details
- Your Card Information
Your data will not be written down, or stored on our system, but will used only at the time of ordering through our 3rd Party Provider, which is typed into the Payment Gateway integrated into our till systems.
By placing an order with us via Phone you agree information may be shared with the following companies:
If you decide to contact with us via Email please note that the email can be stored for anywhere between 6 months to 1 Year(s).
We will not ask for any Personal Details, Passwords, or Payment Information via E-Mail.
The only exemption will be to receive further proof of ID or Address if required.
Newsletter Email Collection
Though our Website it is possible to opt-in for News, Offers, and other Advertisements from Ourselves.
We use a 3rd Party Provider for distributing the Emails, however we will never share your contact details with any other company or sell them on. We will never supply your E-Mail address to other 3rd Party Mailing, or E-Marketing Lists.
If you wish to unsubscribe to this mailing list, or stop receiving emails from us, a link will be provided at the bottom of each E-Mail so you can be removed from our system.
By signing up for our News Letter you agree your Email Address may be shared with the following companies:
If you interact with us via Social Media, or participate in Social Sharing (such as if you comment on a post via Facebook, sharing an image with us via Instagram, or 'liking' a post or image) then your public Username and Profile Photo may be displayed on the site along with your Post.
Individuals can request a copy of the personally identifiable information we hold by contacting us about them. We reserve the right to apply a charge where the information requests are excessive, but we will provide the information when requested.
Once requested we have a maximum of one month to give you the information.
To request such information please get in contact via our Contact Us Page.